2018 was full of stories – good, challenging and everything in between. GFAN stories are those fueled by hope, which inspires us all to take action. We’ve collected some of our and your favorites from this year, helping us to better understand our world, other species, other people, and what we can each do to make a huge positive impact. Explore these stories to get inspired for a year of hope, joy, passion and action in 2019!
- Dr. Jane Goodall’s Defense of the Endangered Species Act
- Dr. Goodall’s Thoughts on the First World Chimpanzee Day!
- Jane’s Animal Friends
- Dr. Goodall Remembers Koko the Gorilla
- Research in Gombe is Officially Guinness World Records’ Longest Chimp Study
- JGI is Growing Conservation Impact with $20 Million USAID Program
- We Can’t Let Protecting Forests Be Climate Change’s Forgotten Solution
- Dr. Goodall Broke Boundaries in Science & Now You Can, too!
- Research Shows Chimpanzees Cooperate First and Think Later
- The Unique and Fascinating Lives of Chimpanzee Moms
- Chimps, Humans & Monkeys: What’s the Difference?
- Pathogens, Primates & Human Populations, Oh My! An Interview with Thomas Gillespie
- You Give Us Hope That We Can Keep Species ForeverWild
- Think Twice Before You Like That Chimp Video on Social Media
- Bringing Back Trees Means Bringing Water Back in Uganda
- Reversing Deforestation: Community Centered Conservation + Chimp Corridors
- The Future is Here: Artificial Intelligence is Saving Wildlife
- Five Powerful Women in STEM You Need to Know
- Chimps Postpone Parenthood, Eat Monkeys & Catch Lethal Colds
- How to Follow in Jane’s Footsteps and Study Animal Behavior
- Cookbook by Portland Teens Raises $10,000 for Orphaned Chimps
- Introducing the Fund II Foundation R&S National Fellowship
- A Reflection on Youth Activism and March For Our Lives
- JGI’s Roots & Shoots Global Youth Spotlight: South Africa
These are just a few of the stories we shared with you in 2018, telling the story of all of us and all that we do to make the world a better place. How will you shape the story of 2019? As Dr. Goodall says…
“EVERY INDIVIDUAL HAS A ROLE TO PLAY. EVERY INDIVIDUAL MAKES A DIFFERENCE.”
The Jane Goodall Institute is a global community conservation organization that advances the vision and work of Dr. Jane Goodall. By protecting chimpanzees and inspiring people to conserve the natural world we all share, we improve the lives of people, animals and the environment. Everything is connected—everyone can make a difference.