Jane has often said that to reach people you much reach the heart – and to do that, you must use stories. That’s why we’re SO EXCITED to be bringing you a brand-new podcast, Jane Goodall Hopecast. Dr. Jane Goodall blazed the trail and changed the world. Now, she’s studying new subjects – humans! This brand-new podcast will take listeners on a one-of–a-kind journey as they learn from Dr. Goodall’s extraordinary life, hear from changemaking guests from every arena, and become awed by a growing movement sparked by Jane and fueled by hope. Join us as we get curious, grow compassion and take action to build a better world for all.
But that’s not all…This is YOUR CHANCE to be a Hopecaster! As a part of our very special forthcoming episodes, we want to hear from you to include your voices in our intro!!
Submit Your Recording For a Chance to Be Featured as a Hopecaster!
Here’s what to do:
You can record from any device and simply submit using the interface below along with your full name, email address, age, and location (country, city). Please keep all clips under 1 minute, and make sure to be in a quiet place close to your recording device. Share that you’re submitting on social media tagging @janegoodallinst #hopecast for a chance to be featured. See questions below!
- What do you believe will help stop environmental crises like climate change, biodiversity loss, and others? Sample responses:
- “Younger generations are taking action.”
- “I believe anyone can make a difference.”
- “I believe in the power of the collective.”
- What would do you think your one-word role is in bettering this planet? Sample responses:
- What kind of change do you want to see in the world? Sample responses:
- “People uniting together to make a difference,”
- “Climate change being taken seriously.”
- “Leaders listening to science.”
- How does Dr. Jane Goodall inspire you to turn hope into action? Sample responses:
- “Jane showed me that every individual can make a difference.”
- “Dr. Goodall made me realize that there is no sharp line dividing us from other animals.”
- “Jane Goodall never gives up and uses her voice to create change.”
- What action(s) do you take to improve wellbeing for people, other animals, and the natural world we share? Sample responses:
- “I stopped eating meat.”
- “I started a petition to my local city council to improve recycling.”
- “I became a science educator and activist.”
- What is one word that you would use to describe our planet? Sample responses:
I hereby grant to THE JANE GOODALL INSTITUTE permission (JGI) to use the material submitted via this form. I am granting JGI permission for non-exclusive rights to use the written work(s) and image(s) in the current and future projects. I certify that no other individual or parties hold copyright interest in the work(s), that I hold all rights to the works listed, and that the license granted herein does not violate any third-party rights or applicable laws. I hereby certify and covenant that I am of legal age (a parent or legal guardian must sign for a minor), or if applicable, that I am authorized to sign on behalf of the entity listed herein.
To unpack the complex and difficult issues of wildlife trafficking, endangered species and biodiversity loss, climate crisis and environmental justice, ecosystem degradation, youth empowerment and education, inclusion and equity in conservation and science, science communications and compassionate leadership, Jane will use the conversations and stories of hope in the face of adversity to demonstrate the power we each have to create positive change. With these stories and the growth of this ‘Hopecast’ community exchanging thoughts and experiences, the future will surely be a brighter place for all.
The Jane Goodall Institute is a global community conservation organization that advances the vision and work of Dr. Jane Goodall. By protecting chimpanzees and inspiring people to conserve the natural world we all share, we improve the lives of people, animals and the environment. Everything is connected—everyone can make a difference.