Celebrate Earth Month with a Roots & Shoots Challenge!
Help us celebrate Earth Month this April by taking-action for the planet using 5 R’s! Our 2019 Earth Month Challenge is “Stop the Sea of Plastic.” Before, during and after Earth Day, compassionate citizens everywhere will be challenged to consider their own plastic consumption and understand the implications that plastic use has for people, other animals, and the environment. Then together, we will take-action for the planet we all share.
What Will I Be Asked to Consider During the Challenge?
- REFLECT – Examine your own impact.
- REDUCE – Survey your space.
- RECOVER – Gain Inventory.
- READJUST– Make a plan.
- REUSE – Take-Action.
- REINFORCE – Spread the word.
- RECONNECT – Strengthen your “plastic-free lifestyle by connecting with other compassionate citizens.
How Does the Challenge Work?
For each challenge, changemakers (like YOU) can participate in a multi-day challenge on an issue that really matters. Once you sign up, you will receive a new (easy and FUN) task directly to your inbox for every day of the challenge. By changing your daily-actions, you are influencing change and empowering others to change the world, just like YOU!
How Am I Making A Difference?
This is your chance to do something immediately about the over-consumption of plastic and understand the implications that plastic use has for people, other animals and the environment. Then together, we will take-action for the planet we all share.
When you sign up, you’ll receive a challenge a day for seven days of fun, simple activities that begin on EarthDay, this April 22nd. This challenge will help you flex your heart and mind as a changemaker, moving you through exercises to fully understand your plastic footprint and actions you can take right away to make a difference.
By the end of the challenge, you’ll know exactly what you and others can do to reduce plastic waste, along with demand, to protect people, other animals and the environment.
What are more ways to take action for the planet on Earth Day?
- Check out the Earth Day blog on the Good For All News Blog!
- Take our #IEatMeatless pledge and encourage others to join you! Take photos of your plant-based meals and tag #IEatMeatless @janegoodallinst for a chance to be featured! Learn more about #IEatMeatless here.
- Show your support for public spaces by visiting a National Park and spending time in nature!
- Take Dr. Jane’s Master Class to celebrate Earth Day and learn other tips and lessons to become the environmental hero you were always meant to be!
- Support the Jane Goodall Institute – forests are the forgotten solution to climate change – but we can turn that around!
The Jane Goodall Institute is a global community conservation organization that advances the vision and work of Dr. Jane Goodall. By protecting chimpanzees and inspiring people to conserve the natural world we all share, we improve the lives of people, animals and the environment. Everything is connected—everyone can make a difference.